So to make random veggie lasagna out of whatever I could find in the fridge…
Serves: 140 people
- Slice the mushrooms and spinach, and dice the peppers and onions. Sauté these, mixing in the spinach when the other veggies are cooked. Set aside.
- Crumble up the uncooked veggie burgers and set aside.
- Combine the Parmesan, cream of mushroom, eggs, ricotta, and seasonings to make a cheese sauce.
- Cooke the lasagna noodles according to the package. Strain the noodles and rinse them well before coating them with oil to keep them from sticking.
- Ladle a thick layer of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the pan, and then place the noodles in the pan to make a single layer.
- Sprinkle the veggie mixture and the crumbled burgers, and top this with several scoops of the cheese mixture. Lay out a single layer of pasta over the cheese mixture and ladle a very thin layer of pasta sauce on top of the noodles.
- Repeat step six until you have reached the top of the pan, topping the final layer of noodles generously with sauce to keep the noodles from burning.
- Bake the lasagna until a thermometer inserted in the center of the pan reads 145F. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into portions and enjoying!